"One cannot say I create beauty because beauty is an experience that cannot be imposed upon someone else, but my intention is to express the beauty of life in my work."
Lisette is primarily fascinated with the different kinds of ‘space’ in which our lives take place. All her work shows unexpected, though seamless transitions between, on the one side, ‘perceivable spaces’ like a town, a building, people, objects or a landscape, and on the other, ‘thinkable’ or illusionary spaces, such as ideas, fantasies and ideals. As an architect she balances on that undetectable tightrope where illusion becomes reality, and reality illusion. So doing, she has no intention of explaining nature or of solving problems, only to experience and depict them in a wider context. With digital mirrors, stairs and mutations she builds a dazzling world of freedom and beauty, in which we can transgress the limits of space and time and get a glimpse of that harmony of the whole of which so many people dream.
After her studies in Florence from 2003 to 2004 at the “Instituto di Arte Lorenzo De’Medici”, she realised she wanted to change her life as a publisher of local newspapers in The Hague to a more freely creative and contemplative existence as an artist. Then, from 2004 till 2009, at the Royal Academy of Visual Arts in The Hague, ‘painting’ became her main subject. Two years later, at the end of 2007, she decided to put brushes and paint aside to begin the adventure of ‘painting’ and creating spatial objects with the latest digital techniques. Since then she has continued to renew herself, using and experimenting with all the possibilities that the new media and cyberspace have to offer.
Thus, she gradually developed a second fascination, namely with ‘time’ and ‘evolution’ by animating her 3d spaces. Her starting point often is her ‘own atelier’, as she calls it, that is, her own body, thoughts and equipment. From there, however, the possibilities are limitless as she treads, fearlessly, upon the mystery of all that is. With her, we are invited to let our minds evolve and merge with our imagination and intuition.
As a spectator experiencing her work, we find a few striking characteristics:
- A richness of colours, forms and perspectives
- Fascinating tensions created by the merging of nature with such artefacts as stairs, rooms and furniture;
- A literal and figurative opening through doors, windows and stairs into other dimensions of boundlessness and mystery;
- The optical illusions (‘trompe l’oeils’) that are not mistakes in our perception, but, on the contrary, offer a more complete perspective on reality;
- The indomitable tendency of the paintings and animations to flow from the creation itself into its direct surroundings makes a strong physical connection with the viewer.
Since a while Lisette Huizenga focusses also on a new approach of her art:
BRANDING - IMAGE DEVELOPMENT:
Lisette Huizenga has developed a (additional) method of branding in which your brand becomes a real experience! It is a concept in which your buildings or surroundings interact with your visitors in a unique way.
Your brand becomes an experience!
The idea of branding is that people will recognise your product / service and positively link it to your organisation. When you take an extra step and turn branding into an experience, you maximise this effect. Besides recognition it creates a positive tension, an open mind-set, a sense of trust and confidence.
Why this concept is worthwhile:
1. It strengthens the identity and reputation of your business
2. It adds value to the brand and company assets
3. It increases the trust of customers
4. It increases the loyalty of employees
5. It provides interaction and joy
…your main entrance, your showroom, your waiting area, your hotel room or lavatory facilities becoming a 3-dimensional experience that is both distinctive and fun!
A new way to present your business
Your business (what you sell or provide), tunes in with the surroundings, the architecture and the interior. Your community spaces, your furniture, your fleet are integrated with what you want to radiate or even sell. Your sky is the limit, the application possibilities are numerous, like:
• wall-filling experiences
• stop motion animations
• object dressing / covering
• digital paintings
In her work Lisette is looking to collaborate with fellow designers, manufacturers and architects. A business partnership in which we develop concepts and products together. Collaborations in which your products and my covering designs merge. For instance: printed wallpaper & foils, tiles & woods, curtains & blinds, furniture, cars and trucks, packing material, etc.
Stop motion animations are a fantastic way of linking a vision or product to a customer or organisation. By gradually changing one image into another image you can make impactful connections in the brains of your customers and stakeholders.
"With my work I like to add value, to increase (spacial) experience and to bring joy. It is important for me that the created image is consistent with what my clients wants to portrait. It must be the extended arm, not just a nice feature. For me, my computer is my medium. I try, like the painters of the past, to explore the boundaries of reality through new experiments. For instance, Mondrian’s work inspires me. His imagery is a one of the foundations on which my experimental work is build. Working in interaction between reality and illusion has also always intrigued me. On one site image and on the other hand reality and how can they communicate together or even become one? And can they together create a more kind and inspired experience for individuals?
In this field together with my collaborators and clients I like to go on discovering…"
Some Highlights from her oeuvre:
Photos, paintings and computer images were processed into meters high prints and covered walls, floors and the interior of a spatial installation. The visitor feels immersed in an hallucinatory world of tangible and illusionary space.
- The digital Sistine Chapel
This work was commissioned by a person who wanted an artistic environment in his toilet. It was awarded ‘The Golden Toilet Brush Prize, 2012’ from the Water Control Company, Delfland, and is, in a sense, a literal example of the historical evolution of painting of circa 1500 to 2012.
Several series of digital paintings that include ‘Metakosmia’, ‘The Four Seasons’, ‘Insight Landscapes’ and ‘Caleidoscopia’.
- ‘Thinking Dancing’
A ‘moving painting’, where she introduces an avatar as a digital dancer. It is a 3D dance performance set to music of Friedrich Nietzsche, in which Lisette gives her vision of a possible evolution of the dance.
- ‘Nieuw Haags Blik#1’
An hour lasting animated 3D film that Lisette made for the performance, “A New view on the Hague”, by the music group the Vitobrothers. In this moving painting, the audience is invited on an hour-long inner journey. It starts in simple, personal surroundings, but evolves, first imperceptible, but then gradually becoming faster and faster into an experience of ‘all that is’. This is a very touching film, and its emotional effect on the audience represents a newer element in Lisette’s work. A small part of the movie, see:
This 3D animation is not easily explained. An etheric world in which, slowly but incessantly, images and sounds flow into each other. New images are born until, eventually, the shapes of the beginning seem to return but now coming from a different, unknown source. With music by Kerry Woodward.
Lisette feels a great affinity with Mondrian. In his time a completely new, abstract art, which he called ‘Neo-plasticism’, had to be realized in order to express universal balance and beauty, and he was one of the great and courageous artists that achieved this. She believes that, in our time, we need to explore and depict evolutionary processes, and this is what she is trying to do. With his abstract, universal imagery, Mondrian aimed at pure balance and a ‘dynamic movement in equilibrium’. For Lisette, expressing an inner harmony through digital means and depicting ‘evolution’ have become principles of her practice.
- ‘Deconstructing / Reconstructing Mondrian’
A three-dimensional painting of 3x3x3 meter 18 minutes in motion Lisette created for her participation in ‘Personal Structures Corssing Borders’ in Palazzo Bembo in Venice, during the Biennale 2015. This work is based on a painting by Piet Mondrian.
- 08-06 t/m 30-06: Groupexhibition "Taste the Future" - Fine Art Gallery of The American University of Paris - France
- 04-04 t/m 09-4: Masterly The Dutch a Milano - Palazzo Francesco Turati - Salone del Mobile
- 27-01 t/m 29-01: Ibiza Cinefest - International Shortfilm - Documentary - Videoart Film Festival - Ibiza
- 18-11 t/m 08-12: Groupexhibition "Taste the Future" - Rimonim Art Gallery - Miami - USA
- 01-10 t/m 15-01: Solo exhibition “Metakosmia” in church NPB - Wassenaar
- 16-10 t/m 16-11: Exhibition "De hut van Mondriaan" - Dooyewaard Stichting - Blaricum
- 07-10 t/m 11-10: Art The Hague - joining by Project 2.0 Gallery
- 22-08 t/m 20-09: Summer Exhibition - Group exhibition - Curated by artlovers of Pulchri Studio -The Hague
- 09-05 t/m 22-11: Installation of 3D-animations 'Deconstructing / Reconstructing Mondrian' in Exhibition 'Personal Structures', Venice Biennale - Room 19 - Palazzo Bembo - Venice
- 17-04 t/m 19-04: Pop-up exhibition with TripleAprojects' artists - Expo-cafe Zamen - Amsterdam
- 21-04 t/m 30-04: Solo-exhibition 'Metakosmia' - Project 2.0 Gallery - The Hague
- 29-11 t/m 05-01: Grafiek Bienalle - Pulchri Studio - The Hague
- 01-10 t/m 01-10: Art The Hague - Fokker Terminal - The Hague
- 12-02 t/m 28-02: Solo in Atrium City Hall - The Hague
- 12-02: Performance Nieuw Haags Blik#1 - Atrium City Hall- The Hague
- 25-01 t/m 10-02: Nature of Change - pulchri Studio - The Hague
- 21-10 t/m 24-10: AAF - Stockholm
- 05-09: Performance Nieuw Haags Blik#1 - Fast - Scheveningen
- 07-09: Performance Nieuw Haags Blik#1 - Koninklijke Schouwburg - The Hague
- 13-09: Performance Nieuw Haags Blik#1 - Pulchri Studio - The Hague
- 27 + 28-09: Performances Nieuw Haags Blik#1 - Pip - Bink 36 - The Hague
- 11 + 12-10: Performances Nieuw Haags Blik#1 - Electron - Breda
- 21-02 t/m 24-02: AAF - Brussels
- 26-01 t/m 14-02: The Evolution of Arts - Pulchri Studio - The Hague
- 15-12 t/m 20-01: Wondere Werelden - Galerie de Pieter - Leiden
- 15-12 t/m 13-01: Pulchri Grafiek - The Hague
- 25-10 t/m 28-10: AAF - Amsterdam
- 03-10 t/m 07-10: Arti 2012 - The Hague
- 15-06 t/m 19-08: ZomerExpo 2012 - Gemeentemuseum - The Hague
- 10-06 t/m 29-06: People from The Hague without Isaac - Pulchri Studio - The Hague
- 04-04 t/m 31-05: Solo in Kasteel de Wittenburg - Wassenaar
- 09-03 t/m 29-03: The Evolution of Art - Pulchri Studio - The Hague
- 09-02 t/m 12-02: AAF - Brussels
- 20-01 t/m 21-01: CEOB - Utrecht
- 08-12 t/m 15-02: Zon Mw - The Hague
- 22-10 t/m 14-11: Wir bauen eind Stadt - Pulchri Studio - The Hague
- 27-10 t/m 30-10: AAF - London
- 27-10 t/m 30-10: AAF - Amsterdam
- Arti - The Hague
- AAF - New York
- Open Art Fair - Utrecht
- ZomerExpo 2011 - Gemeentemuseum - The Hague
- Vonkel 5 Years - Vonkel Gallery - The Hague
- ‘Nietzsche...nur Narr, nur Dichter' - Pulchri Studio - The Hague
- AAF - Amsterdam (may)
- AAF - Brussels (march)
- Evertshuis - Bodengraven - duo exhibition
- Wallfilling installation - Walls Gallery - Amsterdam
- Solo - Headoffice ABN AMRO (IJsseltower) - Zwolle
- AAF - Amsterdam (october)
- Arti - The Haghue (october)
- Caleidoscopia and limited editions on Woonbeurs - Artstart - Rai - Amsterdam
- 'Choosen by the public' - Artstart - Pulchri Studio - The Hague
- 'Sprook' - Vonkel Gallery - The Hague
- Solo - ZonMw - The Hague
- Caleidoscopia in Pulchri Studio - The Hague
- Regentenkamer - The Hague
- "Succeeded Art" - STAA Gallery - Alphen a/d Rijn
- 'Young Dogs and Old Heroes' - Pulchri Studio - The Hague
- Woonbeurs - RAI - Amsterdam
- “New Art ‘09 - Vonkel Gallery - The Hague
- Caleidoscopia and Caleidoscopia Game in Graduationexhibition Kabk - The Hague
- Demo AR+RFID Lab with Caleidoscopia - CHI Dutch Conference 2009 - Delft
- Demo AR+RFID Lab with Caleidoscopia - ICT Delta - Utrecht
- Caleidoscopia on Fespa Digital Europe 2009 - RAI - Amsterdam
- AR Presentation Caleidoscopia (AR=Augmented Reality) - Kabk - The Hague
- 'The Haghe Photoworks' - Library Voorburg - Voorburg
- 2003-2004: Instituto di Arte Lorenzo De'Medici - Florence - Italy
fine arts and interior design
- 2004-2009: Royal Academy of Arts - The Hague - Netherlands
2015: - Co-founder/curator "Taste the Future" event and art collection of 30 international artists in Personal Structures Crossing Borders - Venice
- 2014: Co-curator exhibition 'Body in 'Motion - Pulchri Studio
- Since 2012 - Founder and curator exhibitions 'Evolution of Arts'
- 2010: Visiting lecturer at the Royal Academie of Arts -
- 2010_2013: Member Exhibition Comite at Pulchri Studio -
- 2012: Choosen anonymous - participation Summerexpo
City Museum of Arts - The Hague
- 2011: Winner Golden Toilet Brush - Hoogheemraadschap Delfland
- 2011: Choosen anonymous - participation Summerexpo
City Museum of Arts - The Hague
- 2010: Winner Artstart Public Award
- 2010: Nomination Jacob Hartog Award
Because some links in the gallery don't work at the moment, here are some links to see my 3d Animations on Youtube:
Deconstructing / Reconstructing Mondrian - 2015
Metakosmia - 2014
Nieuw Haags Blik#1 - 2013
Thinking dancing - 2011
Step into the world of Caleidoscopia - 2009
© copyright. All rights reserved | Photography Art Gallery